We're celebrating 25 years protecting our special community
* To make a donation to the CSO, fill out the form below and click on 'Confirm And Go To PAYFAST'.
Donate in celebration of birthdays, anniversaries or in memory of a loved one.
* For 18a Tax receipts or for any other enquiries relating to donations, please contact Lauren on 0860 276 276.
Community Security Organisation Gauteng NPC
Non Profit Company
Registration Number: 2010/022903/08
PBO Reference: 930042511
Protecting Jewish life and the Jewish way of life while empowering the community to protect itself.
Terrorism and Anti-Semitism are characteristics of modern life and while the South African Jewish community has been spared a successful terrorist attack, we are not immune to this reality.
The CSO is constantly working to increase the security of the community while striving to maintain our beautiful Jewish way of life.
Security tips to ensure you and your family are always safe
1. Be aware of your surroundings and be alert to suspicious activity.
2. Report possible information gathering or anti-Semitism in whatever form.
3. Discuss personal safety with each family member. Make sure that young children are always under close and trusted adult supervision. Ensure that they know the name, address and contact number of their parents and who they should approach if they get lost. It is critical that children are taught what to do if a stranger approaches them or tries to lure them away from a safe area.
4. Avoid congregating in the streets outside your school or Shul.
5. Walk together in groups, always on pavements or on the right–hand side of the road facing oncoming traffic. At night wear reflective clothing. Keep your walking routes to well-lit streets.
6. No matter where you are or who you deal with, you should always have the presence of mind to identify potentially hostile situations. Maintain your situational awareness.
7. Women and girls should be escorted by a male, particularly at night.
8. Volunteer to assist your security team and stand security shifts at your school and Shul.
9. Empower yourself by attending security awareness and self defense courses which are run continually by the CSO.
Donations to the CSO are tax-deductible.
If you require an 18A tax certificate
firstname.lastname@example.org or our office 0860 276 276